Monday, February 9, 2009

Day One!

I was not able to get my honey and jojoba until tonight, so I started this morning with my Hair and Deodorant treatments.

The baking soda and ACV solutions were crazy cold and I really think as soon as I use up 4:1 the mixes I'll mix up new, more concentrated 2:1 solutions to mix with shower water in the morning. They will still be chilly, but not as bad...I hope.

After blow drying my hair, I was super surprised at how nice my hair looked. Normally, 24 hours after washing my hair it looks greasy and clumpy, but today it looked like I washed it normally. I brushed it out in the shower and I had no issues with tangles, frizzies, etc. Feels soft and smells nice.

Baking soda and corn starch pit dust felt really nice! Dry, smooth and cooling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's the evening now, and I think things are still going well.

  • Pits: Not scentless, but not stinky! There is, of course, no flowery perfume smell. But the scent that is there is faint and not offensive. I really had to get my nose in there to notice anything. I'll have to use my husband as a test-nose in the future.
  • Hair: I was really worried about how my hair would look and got really self-conscious about it this afternoon. When I look in the mirror I can see that it looks fine, and when I touch it it feels fine, but I am just having a hard time getting past the mental block that I'm "dirty". Even my mouth and skin feels kind of nasty. It's completely psychosomatic, I showered and brushed my teeth just like usual this morning, but I still have a very strong feeling that I'm dirty. Weird.
  • More hair: I never ever have broken hairs, but today I noticed two. I doubt this has to do with anything, since I noticed them both when I was absent-mindedly combing my fingers through my hair. I really stepped up the absent-minded finger-combing today, unconsciously checking my hair for grease, and probably breaking/pulling more hair than usual.
Here is a pic of me a few weeks ago, right after I got my hair streaked blue. One of the reasons I want to stop using shampoo is because those beautiful streaks washed out almost entirely in a week! I'd love to be able to keep them longer, they are still slightly visible in the right light, but it's not the same.

Here I am this evening. I am noticeably oilier than in the other pic (in which my hair had just been washed), but not significantly more oily than I usually am 12 hours after showering.

I am having a hard time getting my acne to show up on film so you will just have to take my word that I am as spotty as a 16 year old. My forehead, chinny-chin-chin, and under my jaw line under my ears are always breaking out. Gross, gross, gross.

So, to recap, after the first day I'm feeling cautiously optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment